Private Wealth Management Asia, Risk Manager, Senior Manager, Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management Asia provides highly customized financial advice, investment solutions and brokerage services to individuals, families and foundations.
As Morgan Stanley's premier service for individuals and families with significant means, we specialize in providing our clients with custom-tailored financial solutions and a level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments typically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments.
The Asian PWM franchise is an increasingly important part of the Institutional Equities Division business. The rapidly growing and fast evolving nature of this business presents unique challenges to the effective construction of risk management architecture to identify, measure and/or monitor the financial, non-financial and regulatory risks. Consequently, an opportunity has arisen for a Credit Risk Manager to help meet some of these challenges. The appointment will be at the desired level depending on the candidate's existing level and relevant experience
The Risk Manager will play a key role in the ongoing development of the risk management framework for the Asia business - where clients are typically very entrepreneurial in outlook and very market focused. Specifically this individual will help to formalise the risk management approach being adopted with a special focus on Credit Risk the business takes in relation to its clients.
As a member of the Risk Team, the individual will report to the Head of PWM Risk Management.
Credit Risk Management
• Act as a key driver in developing PWM Credit Risk policy in relation to lending against an expanding universe of financial products and in refining these policies to facilitate the growth of the local margin lending business in a controlled manner.
• Maintaining and approving credit limits for clients
• Ensuring compliance to various regulatory requirements in relation to credit risk management
• Conduct account and portfolio reviews
• Engage with relevant stakeholders including Firm Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Internal and External Auditors, and Investment Representatives
• Minimum 5-7 years experience in Private Banking / Private Wealth Management Credit Risk Management.
• University Degree in Finance or Statistics. CFA/FRM preferred
• Experience complying in a banking environment governed by HKMA/SFC /MAS
• Ability to work in a multi-function team & to establish credibility in front of colleagues and clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, strong personality and ability to handle relationships and difficult conversations
• Strong IT skills
• Proficient in English. Knowledge of Mandarin or Cantonese would be an advantage