Director, Financial Reporting Policy Advocacy (EMEA)
The Director, Financial Reporting Policy Advocacy will perform policy research development and promotion on our Advocacy team in the Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. This individual will be responsible for developing content and performing outreach to regulators, standard-setters and other policymakers with the objective of advancing the interests of investors as it relates to transparency in markets and information, financial and non-financial, which is needed for investment decision-making.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (U.S. GAAP) as well as a working knowledge of auditing standards established by the International Audit and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB). Technical knowledge and analytical abilities are a foundational element of the position. Equally important to the position is the initiative and ability to develop relationships and collaborate with policymakers and other stakeholders and an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. An understanding of the investing and valuation process and how information is used by investors is also necessary.
The person will:
- monitor the market, emerging trends affecting information to investors, and the agendas of key policymakers, regulators and standard setters.
- conduct research on topics that will advance transparency and availability of financial information, speak at conferences and society events and other public awareness activities. The person will be accountable for executing research projects and related activities. This will include initiating research ideas, conducting and completing research white papers that address issues relevant to globally and regionally.
- manage and update content of papers and positions developed from current inventory.
- work with Advocacy and other functional and country teams regionally and globally
- serve as CFA Institute’s key contact to the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- have content and outreach responsibilities throughout the EMEA region and will, as needed, have responsibilities related to other regions, most substantially in the Americas.
The position will be located in London be supported by the Head, Financial Reporting Policy Advocacy located in New York.
Key Qualifications of the role include:
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in IFRS and/or U.S. GAAP accounting as well as international auditing standards.
- CFA Charter preferred or direct knowledge or experience in the investment management is highly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree. Masters degree highly preferred. Phd would be highly valued.
- Significant experience in a multinational environment preferred
- Global cultural orientation and working experience
- Outstanding stewardship and relationship building/management skills to expand the mission of CFA Institute.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Highly independently motivated and intellectually curious
- Experience in policy research writing is a plus.
- Experience as a CFA Institute volunteer in grading or curriculum and exams a plus
For more detailed job description and list of qualifications please go to https://osv_cfainstitute.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/London/Director--Financial-Reporting-Policy-Advocacy--EMEA_R-460-1