Senior Performance Analyst
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of September 30, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Gather, calculate and analyze investment performance data for internal groups (operations, portfolio/product management, marketing, compliance, investment management) and external groups (clients, prospects, consultants). Ensure reports and analyses are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Engage in complex analyses or interpretations on topics such as portfolio/benchmark performance results, attribution, and technical matters pertaining to GIPS or primary software systems utilized. Must be able to lead special projects or initiatives having contact with internal clients and senior management on a global scale and derive and implement sound, pragmatic solutions to complex performance-related issues. Must effectively manage deadlines, client expectations, and staff where required and ensure best practice is maintained across the department.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Calculate, review and verify performance data ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Interact with appropriate individuals/groups to resolve errors as necessary.
- Strong understanding of the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). Maintain composites and lead in the day-to-day GIPS efforts and compiling data and documentation for firm-wide verification efforts.
- Maintains systems and databases to ensure the accuracy and integrity of static and time series data across relevant portfolios, benchmarks, or other performance data. Ensure procedures are followed and adequate controls in place.
- Provide technical expertise related to performance calculations. Review any calculations prepared outside of base systems.
- Prepare, interpret and investigate anomalies in attribution/contribution reports used in the analyses of performance. Understand various attribution models.
- Regular direct interaction with clients to research, analyze and resolve complex queries and analyses. Attend and lead meetings with internal and external clients as necessary.
- Ensure performance data has been represented in a complete and accurate manner within Senior Management reports, third-party databases, sales materials and regulatory filings.
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge in performance and maintain current knowledge with regulatory and industry guidelines.
- Take initiative with special projects and successfully lead, execute, and complete high-profile projects. Identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies
- Demonstrate skilled knowledge of both retail and institutional portfolios.
- Serve as technical expert on performance. When necessary provide ad hoc commentary on investment performance, general research on industry trends or peer group data.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the investment management industry is preferred.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Must demonstrate knowledge of performance measurement and related rules and regulations surrounding the securities industry
- Also must possess a high aptitude of analytical and mathematical skills which are required for calculating, reviewing and disseminating performance information.
- Must show the ability to meet deadlines, establish priorities and concentrate on detailed information sometimes under stressful conditions for up to 95% of the work time.
- Must show superior customer service by generating and responding to client requests in a timely manner as well have the interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external clients.
- Able to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Must also be proficient in the use of third-party financial industry databases and Microsoft Office
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is also critical.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Completion of a Bachelor?s degree in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or a related field is required. It is also necessary to understand industry regulations governing the investment management industry and related compliance procedures.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Pursuit or completion of CIPM, CIMA, CFA, CPA, CFP, ACCA or ACA designations encouraged.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and extreme temperatures.
- Required to push, pull or lift up to 10 pounds; frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Typically works hours consistent with financial markets and may be required to work additional hours as needed to complete assignments.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.