- Conducting due diligence on varied investment opportunities by researching, reading financial statements and market data;
- Analysing financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. Company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organisation is positioned to deliver for investors;
- Keeping up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. Movements in the economies of relevant countries;
- Considering how the economic implications of factors such as natural disasters, weather, wars, etc. Might affect the performance of stocks, companies, commodities and funds;
- Monitoring the financial news using specialist media sources;
- Financial modelling and projection;
- Knowledge of technical analysis and chart reading;
- Meeting with and providing information; this might include, summaries of research, investment ideas, and key events from the proceeding day as well as key drivers for the day ahead;
- Making investment recommendations, being able to position ideas and articulate to the fund manager about the risk or payoff for each recommendation;
- Ensuring that all compliance regulations are met.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, Bloomberg and Reuters.
- CFA or MBA Finance with 3-5 years of work-experience.