- Diverse role supporting and promoting the global initiatives to develop equity product function.
- Presentation to internal and external clients as required.
- Manage bespoke client equity mandates.
- Support investment counsellor and relationship managers in client pitches.
- Initiate and contribute to the development of investment ideas, themes and marketing initiatives.
- Responsibility for tracking and monitoring product intiatives.
- Preparation of monthly / weekly and ad hoc reports.
- Control and monitor the activities to remain compliant on an ongoing basis whilst keeping in mind all the risk factors related to the Role Purpose. Polyvalent to actively interact with both internal (PS & RM) and external (direct access) clients.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Generation of investment ideas and associated products.
- Performance of equity mandates.
- Raise trading activity
- Best execution.
- Risk management.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Team player within the unit and group.
- Cooperation with internal and external clients.
- Active members in the various committees.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Profit yet risk oriented
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence'. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Local Job Requirements
- Strong understanding of global markets, especially equity markets
- Well develop analytical capabilities with modeling and screening experience
- A firm understanding of the macroeconomic factors influencing equity markets.
- Proven experience in managing equity mandates/equity portfolios
- Knowledge of equity derivatives
- Trading experience (particularly equities and derivative) a plus
- Client facing experience.
- Presentation skills
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience
- At least 10 years experience in global equity markets working as a strategist, trader or analyst
- Degree in finance, mathematics or related discipline.
- CFA or equivalent preferred
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office with deep knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Fluent English
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.