High Yield Trader
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, is looking to hire a high yield trader to support portfolios in the Fixed Income Group (FIG). This is an opportunity to join a small and growing team as part of FIG’s expansion in the global non-investment grade markets, while offering the chance to work within a highly dynamic and collaborative environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve best execution for trades in non-investment grade debt for all fixed income portfolios, using both negotiated trades as well as electronic trading platforms where appropriate.
- Collaborate with research team to generate trade ideas, assess relative value, and provide portfolio recommendations.
- Participate actively in daily/weekly/monthly investment meetings and discussions. Provide frequent updates on important news flow and market technicals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the dealer community in order to support access to secondary market liquidity and primary market deal flow.
- Liaise with internal and external constituents regarding all trade and operational issues, including trade input, trade settlement, and compliance/guideline issues.
- Work closely with other trading teams to ensure implementation of best practices.
- Collaborate with internal technology groups and third party vendors to build, enhance and maintain trading and analytic tools.
- Generate a variety of reports, including (but not limited to) those related to portfolio risk and performance attribution.
- Participate in ad-hoc and FIG ongoing and special projects. Assist in creating internal and external presentations.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in accounting, finance, or economics). MBA and/or CFA preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of general business experience, including at least 2 years of relevant high yield experience (buyside or sellside).
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and financial technology skills (Bloomberg, Excel, Blackrock Aladdin).
- Detail-oriented and ability to juggle multiple tasks effectively.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and ability to work independently.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.