Sr. Associate, Private Debt
Thrivent Financial is a Fortune 500 financial services membership organization helping nearly 3 million members achieve their financial goals and give back to their communities. Thrivent Financial and its affiliates offer a broad range of financial products and services including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, disability income insurance, bank products and more.
Thrivent’s Private Debt team manages an $8 billion portfolio of investment grade private placements, issued by a diverse group of U.S. and international companies across a variety of sectors.
We are seeking candidates, preferably with a Master of Business Administration degree, who are highly motivated and desire challenging, analytical work.
- Support Private Debt team in underwriting private placement debt investments
- Participate in making investment recommendations and decisions
- Support management of portfolio
- Financial modeling for new deal activity and special projects
- Research companies and industries
- Perform fundamental analysis and communicate conclusions to Private Investments team
- Assist in the coordination of the deal and due diligence processes
- MBA with a concentration in finance or accounting preferred, or an undergraduate degree with direct experience with private placements or credit analysis would be considered
- CFA Charterholder, or willingness to pursue
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Solid history of achievement in past professional and academic experiences
- Exceptional analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent financial modeling skills with proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word