Research Specialist, Equity Research - Dalian
About Investment Research Support
Dalian Investment Research team provides comprehensive research support to Fidelity's equity analysts or PMs in Asia-Pac region, including Fidelity regional research team based in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Australia, and India.
Purpose of your role
Our research specialist will be working across different time zones and in various financial markets across regions. Although this role will be based in Dalian, China, you will provide all round research support to equity analysts or PMs in the selected region, including on initiations and on-going coverage, company and industry analysis, financial modelling, valuations, sector/country updates, and other custom research work.
• Prepare and maintain detailed financial models (including valuations); perform industry- and company-specific analysis as mandated by the analyst.
• Collate quality information from databases (such as Bloomberg, Datastream and Factiva) and other appropriate sources. Help make the research process more efficient and robust
• Keep abreast of important trends and developments in the relevant sectors/geographies
• Build and maintain strong relationships with internal clients and within the team
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Accounting Skills - Good knowledge of financial accounting
• Financial Skills - Good understanding of financial statements, ratios and valuation concepts
• Basic understanding of capital markets
• Analytical / Problem solving skills, with a logical thought process - to sort, analyse and creatively interpret large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
• Good relationship management skill; strong communication and presentation skills.
• Should be able to communicate (read/speak/write) in English and Mandarin.
• A qualification of CFA Level 1 or equivalent is highly preferred
Values: Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Customer Focus, Commitment, Enthusiasm, Teamwork, Respect