Director, Finance & Fund Administration
EFM is seeking a unique individual to lead its finance and fund administration functions. The successful candidate will be an experienced, self-directed and collaborative manager and will support the following areas: fund administration, performance reporting and fund financial management. They will partner with the senior management team to make strategic decisions for the company and its funds. This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced finance professional to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
This individual will be expected to balance multiple roles and take on the management and execution of tasks related to the finance and investment function of a growing real asset fund manager. EFM is a real asset investment and management company that manages 75,000 acres of forestland across California, Washington and Oregon via private investment funds. The Director of Finance and Fund Administration will work closely with the Controller to manage fund administration and investor reporting for the Manager, its funds and subsidiary entities. The Director will also provide financial planning and analytical support to the Manager’s Investment and Forestry teams and will be responsible for maintaining internal models for cash management, debt service and investment planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight, execution and management of Fund administration for the Company’s three real asset funds.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Funds are administered in compliance with the operating agreements and side letter agreements, including performing Fund carry calculations, re-balancing calculations, tracking reserves, and implementing fee arrangements.
- Evaluation and management of external third party fund administration and investor reporting tools
- Manage the production of all Fund notices including capital calls and fund distribution notices.
- Responsible for managing the data, tools, and calculations that feed the Fund investor statements, capital account statements and compliance with third party standards for investor performance reporting.
- Support the Investor Relations function, by providing investment data, performance history, investment benchmarking and answering investor queries relating to the financial performance of investments.
- Perform internal fund valuations, performance attribution analyses and monitor market economic indicators.
- Responsible for tax planning and financial management at the Fund level.
- Support the Investment team decision making by performing scenario analyses, checking valuation and pricing models and modeling fund level cash-flow and return projections.
- Develop financial tools and decision making frameworks to help the investment team track asset and fund performance.
- Present fund analysis and forecasting results to EFM board, fund investor committees, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Eight to fifteen years of complex finance and analytical experience and a demonstrated quantitative background.
- Experience within an investment context with prior back office or fund management experience is highly desired.
- Technical competence and experience with financial software and a strong grasp of fund administration concepts is desired.
- Master’s degree in business, accounting or finance.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access and proven ability to develop and manage complex financial models, fund management tools, and software.
- Experience in timberland, real estate, or related assets is a plus, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas both orally and in writing to both internal and external audiences.
- Management experience leading small teams of diverse individuals.
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to impact investing, conservation and rural communities.
- A more junior candidate with some of the specific skill-sets being sought will also be considered.
Group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life) and retirement benefits are available in addition to paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references by March 15th, 2018.
Application materials will be reviewed as received and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.
EFM is a forestland investment management and advisory services company. We manage land on behalf of investors and forestland owners to enhance forest health and productivity, and to produce a diverse array of forest products and services including timber, biomass, carbon, and improved habitat and water quality. Our primary focus is the management of comingled funds focused on acquiring and managing forests located in the western US. In addition, EFM manages the placement of Ecotrust CDE’s New Markets Tax Credit allocation and provides advisory services in forest management, carbon project development, and conservation finance.