Economist Developed Markets
Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investor advisor and asset manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.
J. Safra Sarasin's most valuable capital is its employees. They are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Group's clients, management and business partners. The success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide.
- Analyze economic developments and business cycles of industrialized countries, preferably with a US or international focus
- Analyze global macro economic topics and trends and contribute to the Bank's House View
- Provide economic scenario and macroeconomic input for the Investment Committee and along the investment process
- Publish analytical publications for internal, institutional and private clients
- Prepare and give presentations of the Bank's House View and communicate macro and market strategy to internal and external clients; hold regular conference calls
- Development of forecast models
- Master in economics or finance, CFA is a plus
- Minimum of five years experience as an empirically oriented macro economist. Very good understanding of financial market relevance of macro economic developments and their most important market movers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; excellent writing and presentation skills
- Team-oriented and client focused working approach. Ability to work with various stakeholders. Interest in development and innovation in the corresponding area. Strong commitment, resilience and flexibility
- Familiarity with working in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Fluency in English; German and French is a plus
- EU/EFTA citizen or valid Swiss work permit is a must