Role and Responsibilities
The analyst role sits within the service delivery team at Validus which comprises our Strategy Consultancy, Trade Execution, Counterparty Onboarding and Quantitative Analysis functions. Analysts work closely with all four functions. Key tasks include:
- Strategy Consultancy - prepare ad-hoc analysis and construct presentations to deliver financial risk management consulting services, primarily targeting institutional investors.
- Quantitative Analysis - model financial risks using quantitative methods (VaR, stress-testing, scenario analysis, probabilistic analysis); run data management processes.
- Trade Execution - general trading desk support (OTC derivative trades) including liaising with banks and brokers on pricing, trade reconciliation and settlements.
- Counterparty Onboarding - work with banking counterparties to setup clients and onboard with the institution including development of negotiation skills for ISDA and CSA agreements.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop all round investment skills in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-3 years professional experience within financial services
- Relevant postgraduate degree (e.g. Masters is Finance, Economics, MBA)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Understanding of risk management in financial markets
- Good team-working and communication skills
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Working towards additional qualification e.g. CFA, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, IMC, CAIA, etc
- Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds
- Exposure to trading of OTC instruments
- Experience in a ‘start-up' environment
- Coding: VBA, SQL, R, Python, Matlab, etc
- Regulatory experience
- Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure
Validus Risk Management is an independent market risk advisory firm specializing in the management of currency, interest rate and commodity price risk. We work with funds to design and implement strategies and processes to measure, manage and monitor financial risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology. The Validus Risk Management advisory service gives our clients access to the latest risk management technology and independent expertise at a fraction of the cost of an in-house financial risk management function. Validus works with a range of companies across the globe, from SMEs to multinational corporations, as well as pension funds and leading alternative investments funds (Private Equity, Secondaries, Private Debt, Real Estate) with combined AUM in excess of $2tn. Validus arranges and advises on over $100bn in hedging transactions annually.
Validus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.