Senior Research Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join the Emerging Markets Group in Hong Kong. This role will provide macroeconomic research, A and H shares coverage, analyze and recommend to purchase, sell or hold securities. The Senior Research Analyst will be required to keep the Portfolio Managers updated of any news which may impact their area of coverage - country or industry.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Conduct independent research and fundamental analysis for assigned industry and country coverage
- Provide written and oral presentations of investment recommendations or forecasts to the team while keeping them updated on a regular basis of changes to the recommendations or forecasts
- Read and interpret financial statements, broker reports, and other pertinent sources of investment information
- Compile data from multiple sources and develop detailed financial models on covered companies
- Analyse economic developments, monitor trends in the various sectors of the economy, and provide forecasts of changes in business conditions and relationships
- Maintain a general knowledge of the global investment climate, market conditions and economic environment
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- A Bachelor's degree
- CFA is highly preferred
- Minimum 10 years work experience in the financial services industry in the investment advisory, mutual fund, super-annuation fund and/or broker-dealer sectors
- Ability to build and analyze detailed financial model
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical thinker with the ability to contribute actively to team discussions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various requests or assignments
- Occasional travel required
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.