Credit Analyst, Corporate Banking
The role of the Analyst within this team is important as Analysts provide independent credit analysis, and form the basis for implementing a credit strategy aimed at maximizing our client wallet share. Analysts provide Relationship Manager(s) with a thorough understanding of the client's industry, business cycles, and other relevant factors. To meet this objective, Analysts may focus on certain specific industry segments, along with effectively managing a credit portfolio.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As a successful Analyst within the Global Subsidiaries team, you will provide proactive, comprehensive and timely credit analysis to Relationship Managers and the Credit community. Your daily job would include:
- Provide Relationship Managers with client insights in relation to an industry sector, client information and account plans
- Manage ongoing quality of portfolio, producing exception reports, review credit extending across entire portfolio to ensure consistency of approach
- Educate Relationship Managers on macroeconomic fundamentals impacting their credit portfolio
- Provide creative recommendations to Relationship Managers by monitoring peer groups & competitors and undertaking industry reviews based on non-standard industry / company information / data (equity, credit reports, press and magazine reports)
- Evaluate learning around exception cases and seek to share this with other Analysts to help properly capture risk profiles and ensure robust credit analysis
- Assist, train and mentor Junior Credit Analysts, Interns and International Graduates
- Assist Head CA / Relationship Managers / other team members on ad-hoc projects / deals etc. as and when required.
Qualifications & Skills
Candidates with a background in business, economics or accountancy and with at least 7-8 years' experience in corporate banking / investment banking / funds / credit rating agencies would be ideal for this role. A professional qualification like MBA, CFA, etc. will be an advantage.
Intermediary skills in the following area would be necessary:
- Credit Risk Management
- Credit Analysis / Quantitative Analysis
- Good hands on exposure to financial modelling
- Solution / Deal Structuring
- Corporate Banking Product Knowledge (in particular Trade financing products)
- Industry / Business Knowledge
- Account Strategy and Planning