Quantitative Research Analyst
Position: Quantitative Research Analyst
As a Quantitative Analyst working as part of the Integrated Solutions team, the role requires strong programming and analytical skills and a practical approach to problems. The position involves implementation and oversight of portfolio design processes as well as the development of quantitative toolsets resulting from ongoing research.
- Day to day oversight and monitoring of internal processes and tools, with aim to ensure development of scalable processes for wider business use.
- Research and development work on integrated solutions investment strategy and approach. This will include model development in C#, as well as Matlab and Excel/VBA.
- Work with Quantitative team to take ownership of the group's data and modelling approaches.
Skills/Competencies (including professional experience, education, qualifications and other personal qualities)
- Degree in a numerate or analytical discipline (essential), second degree - preferable in data science or computer science.
- Strong computer and programming skills in C#, MATLAB with sound knowledge of VBA. Java and MS SQL experience would also be beneficial.
- CFA preferred but not required
- Some understanding of global economic forces and modern finance.
- Strong written communication skills - ability to explain complex issues clearly.
- Personal skills:
- Proactive hands-on attitude
- Highly detail orientated
- Able to producing accurate work under a reasonable amount of pressure.
- Good people skills, interacting with many other parts of the business.
- Team player enhancing skills of remainder of group
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.