Director, Portfolio Management
Dynamic, growing, fixed-income investment advisory firm is looking for a Director of Portfolio Management for our Denver headquarters. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical, leadership, and strategic thinking skills, and will have a vital role in the company's continued growth and development.
The Portfolio Manager’s primary responsibility is the development and execution of our client’s investment strategy within the mandated objectives and constraints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuous review and analysis of market data and economic events.
- Communicate investment ideas and firm strategy to clients.
- Execution of securities transactions for managed accounts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of client investment policies and relevant guidelines.
- Assist with trade settlement issues on an as-needed basis.
- Monitor and rebalance portfolios to match firm-wide strategy.
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of GIPS Composites.
- Interact with the Credit Department and provide guidance as needed.
- Prepare and conduct client investment reviews.
- Strategic planning and development for department and company.
Decision Making/Difficulty of Work:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Position requires accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of fixed-income markets required.
- Experience managing fixed-income investment portfolios to client objectives.
- Basic MS Office skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency in Bloomberg and portfolio modeling
- Must be able to work closely in a team environment as well as independently.
- Problem solving skills required.
- Previous experience in managing staff is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required to succeed in this position.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking having polished presentation skills.
Other Training, Education, Special Skills Required:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in the fixed-income market required.
- Money market fund experience a plus.
- CFA preferred.