Manager / Senior Manager – Projects
We would ideally welcome candidates with 5+ years of experience in a mid-office / accounts / finance environment with a penchant for research.
Unifi is a boutique funds management firm with assets over USD 0.5bn under management. The firm is on a high growth path, with various new product and fund management initiatives under way.
Your role, typically would entail:
- Projects on product Development: Working with the CIO in researching, conceptualizing, designing and ultimately creating new and fund management products. The functional aspects of your work here will involve back testing of data, primary and secondary research and strong written skills to succinctly articulate the product. Initiatives on new product ideas will not be expected, but inputs, greatly appreciated and upon merit, will be researched upon.
- Legal Liaison: Product development under various platforms (PMS/AIF) require various degrees of legal compliance and documentation. You will be the single point of contact between Unifi’s fund management team and the external set of legal experts in complying with all essential legal necessities. While a background of law is not essential, ability to quickly grasp the functional essentials of the various statutes governing our industry will be key. Your ability to work independently in this respect will be of importance. Over time, you will be expected to build other essential best practices that may be relevant to the firm (for instance, GIPS, etc.) Product Diligence: Unifi works with a cross section of partners who maintain high reporting and disclosure standards. You will be the single point of contact in coordinating diligence exercises between Unifi and external stakeholders and complying with their requirement for data. You will be assisted by the research team for this. Brand / communication: Unifi is known for its niche and distinct product positioning within the industry. Accordingly, Unifi’s communication and client engagement in various forms are aligned with this positioning. You will be responsible for handling the project management role for each of these initiatives. A high level of administrative, co-ordination and people management skills will be essential. But importantly, you must enjoy creating these “events / communication products”. Please not, functionally, this part of the role will be different from your core competency otherwise required. Others: A firm in a fast growth path will require various initiatives from time to time and ability to quickly cater to the diverse requirements.
More searches like this
- Compliance/Regulatory Asset Management CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Management CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time
- Operations Asset Management CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time
- Performance Analysis Asset Management CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CIPM Certificant jobs in Full Time