The Strategy Consultant will be responsible for:
1. Preparing and delivering analysis, presentations and written work to our client base of sophisticated financial market investors.
2. Designing creative solutions to client situations, backed by rigorous analytical evidence.
3. Managing and developing relationships with a small number of high-value clients receiving the Validus retainer service including:
- Strategic consultancy services
- Innovative project work
- Pro-active client service
- Presentation of the technology platform
4. Ensuring quality of output across the desk, including training and supervising certain analysts to ensure a high attention to detail.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. 3-7 years professional experience within management consultancy, investment banking or Private Equity / Hedge Funds.
2. Relevant undergraduate degree + postgraduate qualification e.g. MBA, CFA, Masters in Finance, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, CAIA, etc.
3. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with an extremely high attention to detail
4. Understanding of risk management in financial markets
5. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to Bloomberg
6. Strong numerical and analytical skills.
1. Experience in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-working environment.
2. Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds.
3. Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure.
4. Regulatory experience.
5. Time management / ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines.
6. Management and development of junior team members.
7. Track record of business development.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Validus Risk Management is an independent advisory firm specialising in the management of FX, interest rate and other market risks. We work with alternative investment funds and portfolio companies to design and implement strategies to measure, manage and monitor financial market risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology.
Working at Validus can offer an exciting opportunity for both personal development and professional growth. Share in our mission to become the largest and most respected specialist provider of financial market risk services in the world. Other benefits include a competitive remuneration package, pension contributions, regular social events, free parking, train ticket loans and financial support towards professional qualifications.
Validus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees