High Yield Trader
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of September 30, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Primary responsibility is to trade high yield securities for mutual fund and institutional accounts under the direction of portfolio management. Additional responsibilities include providing team members with market color, aiding the team in maintaining compliance, cultivating relationship with counterparties, and being a source of investment ideas. Over time, responsibilities will include learning credit analysis and potentially following one or two high yield industries.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Achieve best execution for portfolio management directed trading activity.
- Aid in resolving settlement issues.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with investment guidelines and regulations
- Provide frequent updates to group members of news and market color.
- Cultivate relationships with counterparties in support of our access to liquidity and investment idea flow.
- Identify potential investment ideas for additional research.
- Identify relative value opportunities within sectors and ratings categories.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Experience with credit analysis is preferred.
- Knowledge of the high yield sale/trading business community is preferred
- Bloomberg and Aladdin proficiency is required
- Knowledge of Excel and other desktop software is required.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Resourceful and self-motivated.
- Willing to perform limited travel.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete information
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of economic principles and capital markets functions.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor's degree is required, MBA or CFA is desired.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time. Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.#LI-MT1