VP - Capital Markets, Risk Audit
- Our client, a leading International Bank are seeking a VP to join their Internal Audit, Capital Market division. The successful candidate will be required to have extensive market product knowledge, knowledge on market risk management techniques, as well as the US regulatory environment. The individual should be proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies to the performance and review of audits.
- The incumbent will be required to work as part of a team that audits major business lines (Global Banking and Market, Group Treasury, Risk Management and Global Wealth) and deal with front office risk management. Strong experience in front office and business line audits dealing with capital market products especially within institutional equities rates, bonds and trading are required.
- Annual Planning - Assist the Director, where required, in the development of the annual Audit USA Plan and in the continuous evaluation of the plan to ensure that all high risk areas are being addressed
- Identify systemic/emerging issues and changes planned/undertaken by the auditee that will impact the audit plan through discussion with the OIC and Audit Principal
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects through a review of the Business overviews, Risk Assessment Database, Bank manuals and other related information
- Engagement Planning - Execute and manage assigned activities independently in accordance with the Department Standards ensuring the nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the audit opinion
- Problem Identification Ensure audit results are gathered, determine the root cause of the problem and associated impact, and report accordingly with limited supervision
- Prepare and/or review audit findings for presentation to management
- Reporting/Communication Written reports and correspondence demonstrate good understanding of issues with key risks clearly articulated and materiality and associated impact clearly explained in accordance with the Department Audit Methodology
- Present findings to line management and conducts audit closings including a discussion/presentation to management with an overview of the audit results and findings for those assignments with some assistance from more senior audit personnel
- Master's Degree or relevant industry association qualification ( e.g. FRM, CFA) preferred
- CPA or international equivalent strongly preferred.
- Extensive financial institutions audit (internal or external) experience, focused on business lines within capital markets activities, 6-13 years experience required
- Knowledge of capital markets products a must (fixed-income, currencies, commodities, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, Able to quickly process information
- Bright, motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi task complex audits and work with other audit teams will be essential
If you require any more information please contact Stephanie Potaznik: email@example.com or (646) 618-8863