Vice President - Review Team Officer
The Management of BNP Paribas has committed to ensure compliance with AML / Embargo & Sanctions rules within the entire Group. In this context, Group Compliance has decided to have a strong and permanent set-up within the U.S.: Group Financial Security US (“GFS U.S.”).
The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with U.S. Sanctions;
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to U.S. Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs;
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group;
- Providing advice on situations linked to U.S. Sanctions across the Group;
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the U.S. Sanctions - related alerts;
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against embargo / sanctions lists;
- Risk assessing the Group's branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight;
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms issued by GFS-US.
Responsibilities of the On-Site Control (“OSC”) team: (from Group Financial Security - On-Site Control Charter):
• Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the Financial Security framework within the BNP Paribas Group;
• Assess if BNP Paribas's branches, affiliates and global business lines comply with regulations / Group requirements in the area of Financial Security;
• GFS OSC is based in New York and Paris. GFS OSC is comprised of experienced examiners who travel internationally to execute a risk-based compliance review plan;
• As defined in the remediation plan, GFS U.S. On-Site Controls is primarily responsible for reviewing compliance with OFAC-specific requirements for all entities except those in the GFS Paris scope. GFS U.S. On-Site Controls can extend its scope to Anti-Money Laundering, when needed;
• GFS Paris On-Site Controls leads reviews on Financial Security (i.e. Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Sanctions) for all businesses and entities in France, Belgium, Italy, Luxemburg and Germany. When needed, GFS Paris seeks assistance from GFS U.S. on OFAC requirements. In addition, GFS U.S. may seek assistance from GFS Paris on EU requirements or for reviews in French Speaking countries outside GFS Paris scope.
• The OSC Review Team Officer will report to one of the GFS U.S OSC Review Team Directors.
• The OSC Review Team Officer will:
- Support the Review Team Directors in executing the GFS U.S. OSC Annual Review Plan, by leading and managing reviews teams;
- Contribute to GFS U.S. efforts to comply with U.S. and international sanctions.
• Under the direction of the Review Team Directors, the Officer will lead Review teams to perform assigned test work.
The On-Site Controls Officer's primary duties and responsibilities include:
o Supporting Review Team Directors in executing the GFS U.S. OSC Annual Review Plan:
• Leading teams for on-site reviews on a Group wide basis in BNP locations with exception of the Domestic Markets (Italy, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany).
• This includes but is not limited to, determining scope of review, developing testing strategy, assigning team members to tasks and responsibilities related to the delivering of the review, identifying issues, presenting recommendations, writing high quality Review Reports, managing the on-going relationship with key stakeholders.
o Managing the delivery of On-Site reviews to time, plan, budget and in compliance with OSC Operating Procedures and quality standards.
o Represent the Head of On-Site Controls or Review Team Directors at management meetings and committees as needed.
o Mentoring, coaching and developing OSC team members.
o Providing subject matter/technical advice to staff on assignment, as needed.
o Reviewing team member's performance and providing performance assessment and feedback.
o Performing work to a high degree of proficiency. Work is expected to be comprehensive to support findings and to satisfy the stated scope and objectives of the reviews.
o Demonstrating strong and effective time management.
o Supporting OSC U.S. Global Practices team in executing special and ad-hoc projects.
This position requires at least 25-30% international travel to countries where BNPP has offices, operation, or business interests which may include third world countries. Extended stay up to 5 weeks may be required.
The On-Site Controls Officer will report to a Review Team Director. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a Group-wide function in a highly visible position.
Minimum required qualifications:
• 5 + years' experience in a General Inspection/Audit role.
• 7 - 10 years' experience in a complex global financial services organization.
• 3+ years of management experience.
• Ability to travel internationally and comply with travel visa requirements.
• Experience leading teams and projects.
• Decisiveness and sound judgment on a consistent basis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and investigative skills.
• High level of detail orientation and organization.
• Flexibility to adapt to new changing environment.
• Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management.
• High ethical standards.
• Undergraduate degree, finance or business related majors.
• Professional certifications: CIA, CISA, CAMS, CFA, etc.
• Experience in Compliance with a strong knowledge of OFAC requirements.
• Working knowledge of banking products and services.
• Knowledge of BNP Paribas Group activities and organization.
• Working knowledge of automated auditing techniques.
• Foreign language skills a plus in particular French.
• Graduate degree.