Operational Due Diligence Analyst
- Conduct operational due diligence on traditional and hedge fund investment managers (both initial and on-going).
- Core responsibilities include: developing due diligence plans, reviews of managers' documented procedures, conducting on-site operational reviews and interviews, conducting terms reviews, and preparing extensive written analysis of managers' business and operational capabilities and associated risks.
- Conduct assessments of external service providers including administrators, compliance consultants, systems, accountants, law firms and prime brokers.
- Review audited financial statements, offering documents, other fund documentation and monitor on-going operational developments at investment manager firms.
- Participate in investment research manager meetings, industry conferences and events.
- Maintain database of funds' operational and service providers.
- Coordinate reporting and liaise with investment research teams, consultants and clients.
- Demonstrated work experience within prime brokerage or fund services environment or within an audit firm auditing investment products (hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity or venture capital).
- Knowledge of investment fund operations and risk management practices
- Knowledge of various investment fund structures, fund domiciles and fund strategies.
- Accountancy qualification or CAIA/CFA preferred, but not essential
- Bachelor's degree with a record of achievement.
- Additional language preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to coordinate projects and facilitate information flow across different functional areas in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Willingness to travel.