Equity Research Analyst (Buy-side)
For this role please contact Vitaliy Sokolov firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7432 713 345. Also, please visit our website at www.albertcliff.com to see all our latest vacancies.
- Responsibilities will encompass alpha strategy development & modelling (primarily stock selection) as well as recommendations on portfolio construction.
- Collect and analyze industry and company data through a variety of channels, including sell-side research firms, internal and external databases, trade publications, online sources, regulatory filings and sometimes interviews with industry sources.
- Identify and analyze catalyst events for the stocks or sector under coverage
- Perform stock valuation analysis, build and maintain valuation models.
- Provide real-time opinions on breaking news
- Evaluate special situations such as mergers and acquisitions and other corporate actions
- Collaborate with the investment team on investment ideas. Suggest investment ideas and stock picking to the team.
- 4 - 7 years of experience in Equity Research field. Either within investment banking set up or hedge fund or a family office.
- Buy-side experience with a proven solid track record would be considered an advantage.
- Strong financial modelling competence and high degree of proficiency in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write consistently high-quality research which is valued internally and externally. Ability to persuasively deliver a broad range of material in a public setting and is at ease with senior members of firm and clients.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Ability to set realistic objectives and time schedules to manage own time effectively. Ability to demonstrate physical and intellectual stamina under enormous pressure.
- Outstanding and proven ability to identify and transact profitable business opportunities.
- Strong academic record from a top educational institution
- MBA/CFA preferred
- Fluent in English and Russian languages