Client Portfolio Manager Analyst - Global Value Discipline
Client Portfolio Manager Analyst – Global Value Discipline
American Century Investments® is a leading asset manager focused on delivering investment results and building long-term client relationships while supporting research that can improve human health and save lives. It’s how we manage money and make an impact.
The Client Portfolio Analyst works alongside Client Portfolio Managers (CPMs) providing discipline-specific analytical support, the interpretation of investment results and additional tasks related to client support. Along with the CPMs, key internal relationships will be with portfolio managers, sales and distribution team members, and product management/marketing. A solid understanding of the asset management business confidence interacting with a variety of teams and business partners across the firm is essential. This position will support the Global Value Equity discipline in Kansas City, MO.
- Develop and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the investment strategies managed within the discipline(s).
- Create analysis and interpret results to communicate investment rationale, explain performance and provide market and economic perspectives.
- Analyze and interpret data about investment strategies relative to benchmarks and competitors for internal and external audiences.
- Assist in the design, content, and updates of investment presentations and materials for the discipline to ensure a consistent investment message.
- Assist in the accumulation or retention of assets by creating investment reviews and assisting in the preparation of presentations to be utilized for clients or prospects in one-on-one committee, group and large audience settings. Serve as a liaison for CPMs with the Presentation team.
- Perform in-depth quality control review of data and content for relevance and consistency.
- Support the CPMs by collaborating on assignments to prove financial market theories or market cycles. Analyze financial and economic data.
- Respond to requests for data, research and analysis from the sales channels as it relates to the relevant investment strategies. Conduct specific ad hoc project-oriented duties related to the discipline or the investment management department.
- Serve as a resource for RFPs pertaining to the investment discipline and the positioning of investment products in the marketplace.
- Stay current with risk analyst tools, industry events/developments and industry literature. Evaluate research provided by outside entities.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement to create efficiencies and improve production output.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience; CFA or enrollment in CFA Program preferred.
- Minimum of three years of investment or finance experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience with a variety of vendor application and analytical tools preferred, i.e. FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, Tableau, eVestment Alliance, Barra.
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
- Strong data manipulation and technical skills.
- Strong analytical reasoning, critical thinking, and quantitative aptitude. Sound working knowledge of statistics and mathematics.
- Project management skills with demonstrated eye for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
EOE Policy Statement: American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.