Client Portfolio Manager
Client Portfolio Manager – Global Value Equity
The primary responsibility of the Client Portfolio Manager is to provide investment product expertise to multiple constituents firm-wide. This role is responsible for representing American Century Investment’s investment management professionals in meetings, conference calls and seminars with clients, consultants and prospects. This individual will work extensively and directly with the Global Equity Value team. The role will be based in our Kansas City, Missouri office.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of American Century’s Global Value Equity investment products, philosophy and processes. Communicate investment strategy, explain performance and provide market perspective.
- Deliver credible and persuasive presentations and speeches to clients/prospects in one-on-one committee, group and large audience settings. Serve as primary technical product expert in the Global Value Equity discipline for the Intermediary, international and Institutional sales and service teams, including new business presentations, site visits, product selections, investment reviews, product launches, and conference calls.
- Travel as necessary to visit important clients, prospects and consultants in their places of business outside of the office, representing portfolio management.
- Conduct periodic investment training for sales and marketing professionals in Intermediary, Direct and Institutional.
- Position specific investment products against competition.
- Create/maintain institutional caliber presentation book to be used by both marketing and investment professionals. Oversee the design, content, and updates of all investment marketing presentations and materials for the discipline.
- Create and/or maintain a detailed written account of the investment process, philosophy, and portfolio construction methodologies.
- Communicate regularly with the Global Value Equity portfolio teams on the needs of institutional and intermediary clients and prospects with regard to investment policy, strategy, process, risk considerations, portfolio characteristics, and results.
- Interface with investment teams to understand American Century’s investment offerings in order to maintain and advance American Century’s competitive position. Provide strategic recommendations for new products. Serve as feedback mechanism from the marketplace to the investment process.
- Serve as resource for RFPs pertaining to the investment discipline and the positioning of investment products in the marketplace.
- Develop tools to help portfolio teams communicate and present consistent investment messages.
- Oversee the preparation of materials for meetings and coach portfolio managers in their presentations to institutional and intermediary clients.
- Conduct specific ad hoc project-oriented duties related to building the investment management department.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to determine priorities, plan, organize and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form, with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to present material in a concise manner and interact with clients and prospects in a professional manner for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work well under pressure, including identifying and quickly resolving problems.
- Strong degree of computer literacy.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master of Business Administration degree preferred, Chartered Financial Analyst and/or CAIA designation desired.
- Extensive course work in financial and investment analysis.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in the investment, consulting or money management industries. Global Value Equity knowledge strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in sales or marketing business.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written and interpersonal communications skills.