Senior Associate, Strategic Finance
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Carry out industry, company, structuring and event-driven situation (including M&A) analysis necessary for the identification of potential strategic financing mandates.
- Take the lead in developing the relevant analysis to show (inter alia) pro forma merger financials, sensitivity scenarios, the impact of potential reorganisations / disposals / IPO / synergies, key ratio (including credit rating agencies') analysis, liquidity to inform decision making at senior levels.
- Support (and lead where appropriate) the preparation and presentation of
- the necessary client marketing and financing advisory materials (presentations, pitch books etc.)
- the supporting internal approval documents, in coordination with other deal team members.
- As directed by the Deal Team Leader and in conjunction with other members of the deal team, take responsibility for supporting the execution of Strategic Finance mandates.
- Provide guidance and coaching for new and junior colleagues in the team (in particular, graduates on rotation)
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Conduct initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedures
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Undergraduate/Master degree from a leading university.
- Demonstrated and developing knowledge of corporate financing.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a relevant role, for example at a leading Acquisition Finance, M&A advisory or Structured Finance house.
- Appropriate professional qualifications e.g. CFA would be desired but not necessary.
- Working knowledge of the corporate loan and debt capital markets, of M&A markets and of general M&A dynamics.
- Proven accounting knowledge and competence in financial modelling.
- A well organised team player with the ability to work on projects across varied industry sectors and with multiple individuals and counterparties.
- Strong interpersonal skills and (verbal and written) communication skills.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.