Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
Fixed Income Team consists of fixed income investment management, money market funds and credit research. All funds the team manages are denominated in Euro, US dollar, Japanese yen and other major currencies. Our clients are both retail and institutional across countries from Asia to EMEA. Global Government Bond funds are one of the most important products in Fixed Income Team. The portfolio management team is based in London and currently consists of five portfolio managers. Our major coverage of portfolio is G10 countries, and our major sources of value added are rates and currency strategy. Portfolio managers also co-work with other portfolio managers not just at NAMUK but in other offices (e.g. Germany, Tokyo).
We are seeking to hire a portfolio manager at the Associate/ Vice President level. Portfolio managers are expected to implement investment strategy which is shared among the team. They are also required to contribute to idea generation of the strategy and explanation of portfolio activity for clients via meeting and reports.
Outperformance over the market and superior performance of funds is our goal. Responsibility of portfolio managers includes the following:
- Manage duration and currency exposure for USD/EUR/GBP/ JPY fixed income portfolios within risk tolerances, while complying with client/fund guidelines and restrictions
- Raise orders to implement and maintain global sovereign positions. Work with Trading to monitor execution.
- Enhance portfolio management processes. Contribute to development and implementation of portfolio construction, data modeling, compliance, and reporting tools.
- Contribute to alpha, yield and idea generation through duration management, country and currency allocation and security selection as well as deep discussion with other managers and economists.
- Learn and keep current in economy, monetary policy and general fixed income markets. Participate in market and alpha generation discussions. Assist in market research efforts.
- Research and resolve compliance violations due to both active and passive movement
- Deliver performance attribution and reporting.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Candidates should have strong background of fixed income market analysis and economic research including an understanding of quantitative concepts of bond math, risk and exposure.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing market environments and perform under tight time constraints.
- Strong problem solving skills and diligent attention to detail.
- Technical skills including advanced Excel and Risk Model (POINT/PORT).
- Holder of Chartered Accountant and/or Chartered Financial Analyst qualifications (or equivalents) is welcome.
- Good communication skills.
- Natural inclination towards a team-based, collaborative environment. Clear spoken & written communication skills are required, as the role involves a great deal of interaction with portfolio managers & economists.
- Degree gained from an academic institution.