GF - Senior Control Officer - Testing
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17034899
Citi's Compliance organization proactively identifies, assesses reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. Compliance sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide compliance risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance. Compliance Testing, one of the pillars of Compliance Assurance together with Monitoring and Surveillance; aims to provide business owners with assurance that the firm has effective controls to allow it to comply with relevant rules and regulations. The APAC Compliance Testing Team ('Compliance Testing' or 'CT') is part of Citi's Global Compliance Testing function and comprises teams structured to support geographical as well as functional coverage.
The Compliance Testing Business Desk Review Team forms part of the APAC Core Compliance Testing Team and has been created to support the execution of reviews of sales and trading global Markets and Securities Services (MSS) activities to satisfy regulatory requirements to assess the effectiveness of controls established to mitigate conducts risks.
- Key responsibilities of the Business Desk Review Specialist (Senior Control Officer - Testing) will include but are not limited to:
- Act as a Senior Subject matter expert (SME) in the execution of specialized global markets reviews, providing leadership to the Business Desk Review teams and guidance to the country teams in the execution of local regulatory reviews.
- Lead complex, regional or thematic global markets reviews for the APAC region. As a team Lead, the Business Desk Review Specialist will be responsible for the review from initial planning, through execution and to final reporting.
- Develop training programs for MSS reviewers regionally and provide subject matter expertise on MSS business activities, regulatory developments, on-going business initiatives, emerging risks and consistent MSS testing standards.
- Manage staff in a manner which contributes to an inclusive and positive team oriented work environment
- Participate in QA discussions and develop plans to address deficiencies highlighted in QA reviews.
- A key component of the Business Desk Review Specialist's responsibilities is the management of controls testing of business supervisory activities to mitigate conduct risks in the Markets businesses, through the Business Desk Review program that forms part of the wider regional test plan.
- Ensure that key milestones are met and Testing review programs provide robust challenge to the Business in accordance with the Global Compliance Testing Standards.
- Ensure consistent high quality documentation of testing work performed in the region to meet regulatory standards.
- Manage reviewers assigned to the review to ensure timely delivery in accordance with the plan.
- Develop, maintain and manage relationships with key stakeholders within Global Markets, Product Compliance and risk functions. The successful candidate is expected to be able to leverage these relationships in ensuring the smooth conduct of the reviews.
- Effective partnerships and co-ordination with Regional and Global Markets and Securities Services Testing Teams as well as the Core Compliance Testing teams
- Provide thought leadership for the wider ICG Compliance Testing thematic reviews and initiatives.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Over 15 Years financial services industry experience including monitoring and assessment of risks related to vanilla and complex financial markets products
- Experience in Benchmark contributions, submissions and setting processes, Algorithmic trading via Exchange, OTC of DarkPools platforms
- A solid exposure and understanding of regional and global regulatory landscape, with knowledge of current regulatory environment and developments impacting the banking sector
- Strong Audit, Controls, Risk or Compliance background with an in-depth understanding of testing or audit methodology, risk and control analysis
- Excellent understanding of transaction monitoring and surveillance tools and experience handling complex concepts is essential
- Strong ability to manage and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Professional Qualification - e.g. CFA, CPA, ACAMS, CIA is desirable
- Master's degree is desirable
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Significant accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication / negotiation skills
- Able to influence opinion, articulate/substantiate review findings and defend if challenged.
- Strong project management and presentation skills
- Highly organized, efficient and able to multi-task
- Motivated, enthusiastic and positive
- Strategic and goal-oriented focus
- Able to work on own initiative