Corporate Finance & Restructuring Consultant
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date, including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About the European Corporate Finance & Restructuring Segment:
FTI's European Corporate Finance & Restructuring team is a market leading restructuring practice with over 150 professionals based in London, Frankfurt, Madrid and Paris. We are capable of delivering the most complex financial restructuring solutions to stakeholder groups. We provide analytical services to debtors, creditors and other stakeholders of companies experiencing unfavorable situations arising from liquidity problems, over-leverage, under-performance, right-sizing or other business transition issues. FTI has over 800 restructuring specialists globally and a high quality team of 55 professionals in Europe. With client service in mind, FTI recruits experienced talent from nationally recognised accounting and restructuring firms, corporations, industries and investment banks.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking to recruit a Consultant into our Valuation and M&A team. The work of the Valuation and M&A team is varied and includes the valuation of corporates primarily in the context of financial restructurings and transactions; debt valuation; and, the provision of M&A advisory services to corporate and lenders.
As a Consultant, you will have a diverse range of responsibilities including collecting and analysing corporate, industry and market information; undertaking valuation analysis; supporting in the delivery of M&A advisory services; and, preparing pitches and supporting new business generation. Whilst you will be based in Paris, travel is likely, particularly to our London office.
You will join a hard working but fun group where each person is appreciated and rewarded for their contribution and will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of fast-paced international restructuring and insolvency assignments.
We offer a highly competitive base salary, excellent benefit package and performance related bonus. We also offer a range of training and development opportunities and would provide sponsorship for professional qualifications (e.g. the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation).
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a numerate subject from a top-tier university
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with team members and clients at all levels
- Ability to working in small teams, be flexible in approach and able to handle multiple tasks
- Proactive and strong desire to learn
- Strong commercial acumen/market awareness
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Highly numerate with the ability to absorb a high quantum of information
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and confident working with a number of demanding stakeholders
- Professional and proactive approach
- Computer literate with strong excel, and powerpoint skills
- Fluency in English and French
- At least two years of valuation or corporate finance experience
- Good understanding of valuation theory
- Financial modelling and analysis experience
- Solid knowledge of accounting
- Experience in report writing and/or drafting sections of larger reports (in English)
- Experience using standard corporate finance research tools