Diversified Fixed income Credit Analyst (Investment Grade, High Yield, Emerging Markets)
To analyze global corporate fixed income securities. Coverage universe will include significant amount of high yield and emerging market issuers. Incumbent will handle complex research and provide fundamental and technical advice to PMs. Responsible for analyzing and evaluating the creditworthiness of highly complex corporate credit issues using qualitative and quantitative skills. Incumbent will make recommendations on investments to PMs by means of written evaluation, verbal presentation and discussion. The incumbent will be given assigned industries on which to focus his/her research and communications with peer group professionals. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for other fundamental and quantitative analyses to support various product and business development initiatives within the group.
- Conduct fixed-income credit-based evaluations independently with minimal oversight by the Head of Investment Grade Credit Research. Analyses may focus on individual securities, classes of securities and even the development of quantitative decision-making models. Maintain surveillance of assigned credits through evaluation of periodic financial reporting, monitoring various electronic and written news sources and communication with peer group professionals, external industry analysts, and corporate management.
- Makes buy, sell, and hold recommendations in the context of current market conditions and portfolio strategy.
- Prepares insightful written credit evaluations on primary and secondary money market, senior unsecured, and subordinated credit issues as well as preferred equity.
- Provides input to the portfolio team on top-down credit strategy.
- Develops and maintains information on credit ratings of global fixed income issuers.
- Provide quantitative and analytic support to other projects related to current operations as well as new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree. CFA designation essential. Master’s degree also a plus.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years relevant investment and analytical experience required.
- Superior understanding of securities analysis, valuation methods, qualitative, and quantitative techniques. Experience with structured securities (convertibles, hybrids, etc.) and emerging markets are desirable.
- Excellent research knowledge, analysis, and decision making skills.
- Strong math orientation and quantitative aptitude.
- Advanced PC computer skills and industry software familiarity preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.