PORTFOLIO MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Midland Financial Co. and its subsidiary MidFirst Bank are seeking a Portfolio Manager to be located in Scottsdale, AZ. This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate. The position will be responsible for working with our portfolio management team in managing over $2 billion in assets. The portfolio is centered on providing wealth management and trust administration services for individuals and their families who seek custom designed financial planning. The bank achieves this by assisting with building, preserving and transferring wealth through exceptional portfolio performance and dependable fiduciary responsibility. The Portfolio Manager will be accountable for delivering outstanding client experience while driving the Wealth Management group’s business planning and execution.
With approximately $15 billion in assets, MidFirst is based in Oklahoma City with retail and commercial operations in Phoenix, Los Angeles, Denver, and Tulsa and western Oklahoma. MidFirst is Oklahoma City’s largest bank and the second largest bank in Oklahoma. The bank is privately owned, making it one of the five largest privately owned banks in the United States. MidFirst’s size and private ownership combine for a unique position in the competitive banking landscape and earnings are consistently among the strongest in the country for the banking industry. The bank has a diversified asset portfolio including commercial loans in more than 40 states and a residential mortgage servicing operation in all 50 states. MidFirst is a strong supporter of the community, investing in many important charitable and civic organizations as well as being a strong supporter and partner of the major universities in its retail banking markets, including the University of Oklahoma, University of Central Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, Tulsa University, and Arizona State University, the bank is also a significant sponsor and the official bank of the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages and constructs personal investment portfolios of individual stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange traded funds designed to achieve client financial goals.
- A strong focus on managing and enhancing client account relationships, with dual responsibility for soliciting new business, as well as inheriting client relationships within the department.
- Investment research responsibility includes conducting investment analysis leading to recommendations for the MidFirst Trust Wealth Management portfolios.
- Research responsibilities encompass one or more economic sectors, specific company coverage, as well as active and passive mutual funds and exchange traded funds.
- Develops and implements in depth financial planning strategies for clients.
- Contributes to decision making at the strategy and portfolio level through our team decision making process.
- Member of the MidFirst Trust Investment Committee.
- Nurture partnerships with key internal MidFirst partners and external centers of influence.
- Provide comprehensive and consistent client experience for each client.
- Increase revenue through client acquisition and broadening existing client relationships.
Important Candidate Qualifications
- 7+ years of investment management and overall securities market experience, including servicing affluent/high-net-worth clientele.
- College degree in related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to effectively present investment strategies to clients.
- In-depth investment knowledge with a passion for investments.
- Demonstrated success in portfolio management and research.
- Excellent investment and financial acumen.
- Ability to make critical decisions independently.
- Highly developed communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation).
- Strong sales and relationship management/client service skills.
- General proficiency in computer and database applications.
- Adherence to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Facilitate the open exchange of information among our investment professionals.
- Demonstrates ongoing professional development.
- CFA Designation preferred or working toward CFA.
- CFP also desirable.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online to requisition number 10024 at www.midfirst.jobs. Confidentiality will be maintained.
MidFirst and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers – M/F/Disability/Vets
A Drug Free Workplace
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors