AVP - Product Control (Global Market Finance)
First Abu Dhabi Bank aims at getting Stronger, larger and being one of the world's largest financial institutions. The merger of First Gulf Bank (FGB) and National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has created the biggest bank in the UAE with approximately $186 billion of assets as at March-end 2017.
Responsibilities not restricted to:
- Finance business partner and trusted advisor on reporting and day-to-day support of the Global Markets business, providing prompt and effective support to the Front Office and Product Control management.
- Comprehensive P&L analysis including detailed analysis and interpretation of daily results, variances, risk positions, realised and unrealised P&L components, revaluation curve movements with P&L attribution, new deals, cancelled and amended trades and price and rate validation.
- Provide independent validation of the financials reportes, for the GM businesses by maintaining a robust control framework between front office and reported financials. Maintain a strong understanding of the products traded and the trading strategies within the business.
- Synthesising information from a variety of sources and extracting relevant concepts by using sophisticated arithmetic models for numerical analysis and evaluation. Writing papers on strategy or other complex issue with logical sequencing and supporting recommendation.
- Key business finance contact for all Global Markets queries, leading discussions, as appropriate, with Front Office to ensure P&L analysis is agreed. Act as one of the prime points of contact across all processes in order to ensure all customer needs are being met.
- Support of new business requests, ensuring they are controlled through the existing or new system architecture, providing responsive support to front office, ensuring “speed to market” of new products. Delegated authority for New Activity Working Group (NAWG), for new product sign-off.
- Support to work with Treasury on FTP, capital & liquidity matters affecting GM Products as required. Provide input to wider Finance strategy activities and strive to work together effectively on overall regional and global programs.
Expected knowledge, experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Product Control function ideally in International or Investment Banks where there has been direct exposure in Pricing and Accounting Financial products for Treasury, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Structured products.
- Candidates must be professionally qualified (ACCA/CFA/CMA)
- Our ideal candidate would technically have strong financial maths (zero, par, and forward / forward curves). A Great team player.