Sr Advisor Risk Assessment
Req ID: 45371
Posting Start Date: October 4, 2017
Posting End Date: October 18, 2017
Employment Type: Regular-Full time
WE= teamwork at work
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com.
- Performs highly technical risk analysis and makes prudent risk management recommendations to decision makers
- Executes approved financial risk management strategies related to commodity prices and other financial risks in accordance with Company risk polices
- Support other risk management projects as requested by the Manager, Risk Assessment
- Develop and maintain complex financial and statistical models to quantify financial risks including commodity price, interest rate, foreign exchange rate, and equity price
- Facilitate structuring process for complex Commodity Marketing transactions to ensure decision makers understand the transaction terms, the market price risks and potential hedging strategies
- Support business development teams with respect to market price risk inherent in new products, new businesses or prospective acquisitions
- Develop strategies to mitigate market price risks and present them to senior management for approval
- Structure and execute financial derivative transactions in compliance with approved strategies
- Coordinate with corporate groups and business units in documenting new products and services and the related policies and procedures required to mitigate financial risks
- Collaborate with other Finance groups including Treasury, Accounting, and Tax to identify potential financial and reporting impacts of financial risk management strategies
- Provide market intelligence reporting to support business and Management requirements
- Actively support department and company safety objectives and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Business/Finance undergraduate degree (MBA or CFA designation is desirable)
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in financial risk management
- Applied knowledge of financial markets and financial derivative products (commodity, FX, interest rate) is essential
- Highly analytical individual with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of accounting and tax principles related to financial derivatives
- Energy industry work experience preferred (oil, natural gas, NGL, power)
- Independent and effective planning and time management abilities to prioritize demanding workloads and manage assignments that may vary in nature and scope
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of program and applications
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.