Sr Advisor Pension Investments
Req ID: 45534
Posting Start Date: October 4, 2017
Posting End Date: October 18, 2017
Employment Type: Regular- Full time
WE= teamwork at work
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com.
Supports the Technical Manager, Pension Investments with the investment of defined benefit pension, and retirement and savings plan assets for the entire Enbridge Inc. group of companies including Enbridge Pipelines Inc, Enbridge Gas Distribution, Westcoast Energy, Spectra Energy (USA), and Enbridge Energy Services Inc. (USA). Responsibilities include;
- Lead and advise on the implementation of appropriate investment policies and investment manager line up for the Canadian and US defined benefit Plans, Supplemental Plans, US 401k Plans, and Canadian Savings Plans.
- Supervision of investment managers and custodians including assisting with quarterly performance reviews and compliance monitoring.
- Assisting with in depth analysis and making recommendations to Management and the Pension Committee regarding the hiring and firing of Investment Managers and Custodians
- Creating and presenting other material/recommendations to Pension Committee as required.
- Accountable for managing the lead relationship with several custodians, record keepers, and external auditors.
- Directing and leading Custodial relationships including negotiation of Trust and Fee agreements.
- Maintaining daily and monthly liquidity requirements and annual funding of the DB pension plans.
- Manage Custodial relationships and negotiation of new Trust and Fee agreements including making recommendations to Management, and the Pension Committee on any changes to these agreements.
- Support the Technical Manager, Pension Investments in implementation and monitoring of appropriate investment policies and manager lineups for Enbridge’s DB Plans, Supplemental Pension Plans, and savings Plans.
- Assist the Technical Manager, Pension Investments as required in making recommendations to Management and the Pension Committee regarding the hiring and firing of these investment managers.
- Recommend and monitor the investment managers for the DB Plans, DC Plan, Supplemental Pension Plans, Canadian Savings Plan, and US 401k. This includes reviewing and evaluating manager performance, preparing quarterly investment reports for the Pension Committee and annual reports for the Human Resources and Compensation Committee and Audit, Risk and Finance Committee.
- Accountable for pension fund cash flow requirements for all Pension funds and U.S. Health and Welfare Plans including monthly liquidity requirements, asset rebalancing, annual funding requirements and tax reporting requirements.
- Monitor and assess investment managers’ compliance and performance with Enbridge’s established investment mandates and the Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures for the various pension plans. Work with the Technical Manager, Pension Investments in conducting research on new investment products and performing investment manager reviews. Evaluate and recommend changes as required, applying independent research, judgment and analysis upon which recommendations can be made to the Pension Committee.
- Work with Financial Reporting in the preparation of Pension Plan Financial Statements and respond to all inquiries from the Financial Reporting team and external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with pension-related SOX requirements. Respond to queries from external and internal auditors.
- Ensure timely payment of invoices (provide direction of invoice payments to assistant).
- Complete pension trust fund surveys as required.
- Liaise with pension plan consultants, and Enbridge HR staff.
- Degree in Business or Economics
- CFA designation or near completion of such designation is considered an asset
- 7 years’ experience in the finance field with experience in pension asset management, investments and financial analysis, and/or pension administration
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and show initiative
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Bloomberg would be considered an asset
- Solid and developed understanding of investment policy and management
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.