Treasury Execution Analyst
Growing Retail Banking Group
This role sits within the London based Market Execution team of Treasury and is required to support all aspects of Treasury related activities, in particular management of daily dealing duties, market execution and development of Treasury reporting requirements.
The role also supports the monitoring and reporting of the Bank's liquidity portfolio and wholesale credit risk management.
Principle Accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Facilitate and manage daily cash management activities to support the Bank's cash cycles, loan originations and/or liquidity obligations.
- Assist in trade execution (both discretionary and execution only) of fixed income securities, repo or swap transactions, foreign exchange and any market related activities, mainly for risk management purposes.
- Support the Bank's liquidity investment strategy and wholesale credit risk management to minimise the overall liquidity drag.
Reporting and Monitoring
- Support the production of the daily dealing pack to ensure strict compliance with internal processes and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of desk's management information (MI) pack for ALCO, Interlock, and various working groups or other committees.
- Active monitoring of early warning indicators, wholesale credit risk and market counterparties to ensure strict adherence to internal policies and standards.
- Maintain and regularly update the dealing procedures and processes to encourage knowledge sharing and improve productivity as well as assist in policies and standards review.
Credit Analysis and Research
- Assist in credit research and analysis of debt issuers (as part of the Bank's liquidity portfolio investments), ensuring accurate and timely data gathering and analysis.
- Develop desk's analytics and tools to improve data gathering and analysis as well as reporting capability, with a focus on wholesale credit risk management and secured assets monitoring.
- Opportunity to develop skills in other areas of Treasury (such as Liquidity Management, Balance Sheet Management and Funding) by participating in projects sponsored by other Treasury teams.
We are ideally looking for someone who has experience in a similar Treasury Execution Analyst , or where this would be the natural next step in their career; coupled with:
- Educated at Bachelor degree level in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics. CFA/FRM/ACT qualification (or candidate) is highly desirable.
- 2-5 years' experience in Treasury department, investment bank or corporate treasury. Wholesale credit risk background is highly desirable.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. VBA is highly desirable.
- Familiar with fixed income/swap products and financial statements analysis. Bond/swap maths are highly desirable.
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter and a team player with ability to work closely with others to deliver results.
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically with strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent written communication - business and project reports.
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level.
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation ability.
- Inquisitive mind, prepared to challenge existing policy and procedure.
- Having awareness and understanding of market, credit, operational and conduct risks.
This Treasury Execution Analyst role is an excellent chance to further your career.