Senior Market Strategist
Our Client, an International Asset Manager are looking for a Senior Market Strategist.
The role will principally be to provide detailed analysis of financial markets. This analysis should be concise on multiple time frames. The output of the analysis should provide clear guidance on strategy to the broader investment team and in doing so assisting them to deliver positive investment results. Potential subjects include overall asset allocation, equity, fixed income and FX strategy.
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- In depth economic and investment knowledge as demonstrated by experience in asset management or similar financial service.
- Mentor to a growing team of strategists
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R or python would be an advantage to develop models working with structured and unstructured data to develop econometric models
- Helping develop strategic view on major asset classes as well as factors, regions, and currencies to inform longer term portfolio construction considerations
- Utilising own proprietary modelling or external research provider to develop valuations of specific assets
- Trade idea generation based on analysis of fundamental and technical information (with emphasis on fundamental)
- Critical thinking about quantitative and macroeconomic investment ideas and ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- CFA qualification, Graduate degree with strong academic record in economics, finance, or a similar discipline required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in finance, preferably in asset management or similar financial institution
Interested applicants should contact Michael Costello for a confidential discussion on 01 6610444 or email mcostello(@)lincoln.ie