Institutional Consultant Relations
Black Swan Group are actively sourcing for a Consultant Relations professional to support the EMEA Institutional group for a leading asset manager.
The role is London office based and will involve supporting a dedicated team of 2 enabling them to concentrate on managing external consultant relationships.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
The Consultant Relations professional will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with consulting firms and for working collaboratively in executing strategy.
- Coordinating operational due diligence onsite reviews, collating presentations and providing briefings to business contributors.
- Administrative support with Legal agreements with potential consultants.
- Assistance with presentations for in-house meetings, conferences and roadshows.
- Attendance at meetings with Consultant Relations Managers, consultants/clients and ratings agencies to provide record keeping support.
- Participation in research meetings with consultants to achieve ratings across investment strategies, working closely with investment team.
- Handling telephone enquiries from consultants/clients and ratings agencies.
- Liaison with our internal stakeholders, coordinating research meetings with Investments teams.
- Despatch of Fund literature e.g. factsheets, portfolios, commentaries.
- Arranging meetings, seminar invitations.
- Occasional attendance at external events on a local and regional basis as required.
Additional skills & Education required:
- Professional, organised and delivery focussed
- Strong academic background. Degree and relevant professional qualifications.
- CFA is desirable but is not essential.
- Ideal applicants will have a solid background within a consulting relations role.
- Experience within asset management or a consultancy firm is desirable.
- Established relationships with a broad range of investment consulting firms and the desire to transform new ones.
- Gained experience within the pensions environment and an understanding of institutional market trends.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with consulting firms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of asset classes and drive to expand knowledge base.
- Ideally multi-asset exposure or the desire to expand on current asset class knowledge.
- Professional, organised and delivery focussed.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity please feel free to get in touch to discuss the opportunity further.