Associate, Institutional Equity Research- Quantitative Analysis
We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
The goal of CIBC's Capital Markets business is to be the premier client-focused Capital Markets based in Canada. To deliver on this, the Capital Markets arm of CIBC provides a wide range of credit, capital markets, investment banking, merchant banking and research products and services to government, institutional, corporate and retail clients in Canada and in key markets around the world.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Equities team at CIBC Capital Markets understands what institutional investors value most: original ideas, top service and performance. Whether it's Bay Street or Wall Street, CIBC World Markets Inc. is there with the depth and breadth of product to advise on and execute the decisions of the investment community - anywhere in North America.
What You'll Be Doing
As an Associate the incumbent will work closely with the Managing Director, Portfolio Strategy. In the role, you will gain valuable experience developing and maintaining financial models and databases, and researching fundamental and quantitative factors that impact stock-selection and sector rotation. The incumbent will have an opportunity to work directly with the Strategist on research projects and the publication of research reports, and can expect to provide support for the production of research reports, create and build quantitative analysis models and tools, and research and back-test equity investment strategies.
What We're Looking For
We are seeking highly motivated, results-driven, and accomplished candidates who have an affinity for Quantitative Analysis within Capital Markets. Please include your cover letter, resume and transcripts (if recent graduate).
- Education: preference is given to candidates who possess an undergraduate degree in computer science, economics, financial engineering, financial economics, mathematics, or engineering (e.g. computer, software, electrical, etc). An MBA, CFA, or advanced degree would be a further asset
A successful candidate would following characteristics:
- Strong background in mathematics/statistics and finance
- Excellent knowledge of standard business PC applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, VBA, C#, C++ and other programming languages would be useful
- Experience with Clarifi and/or Compustat database is a major plus
- Experience with Bloomberg, Factset and Capital IQ would be an asset
- Ability to understand and work through detailed financial statements
- Solid interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external clients
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated interest in capital markets industry through school courses, clubs and/or related work experience
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Often required to work beyond normal business hours.
- Required to make frequent decisions in a fast paced work environment
Please apply via the CIBC career portal by visiting this link and creating a profile.