DC Investment Analyst
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson's investment consulting business aims to change investment for the better for the benefit of its clients. To achieve this, we look to hire and retain the best people, provide opportunities for them to continue to develop their skills and then empower them to make a difference. Our client base of leading investment institutions (including many of the world's largest pension funds, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds) demand excellence and creative solutions to the investment challenges they face. As a result, we look to bring people with a variety of backgrounds and skills to work collaboratively on cutting edge assignments.
As a Defined Contribution (DC) investment analyst you will be supporting our investment consultants in providing a range of first class investment services to DC clients. These include: setting of strategic investment objectives, investment planning, manager selection, performance measurement and evaluation, investment manager monitoring, provider selection, transition advice, statements of investment policy and global research services.
You will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects, serving as a key resource for the consultant in charge of each of your engagements and performing many aspects of the client work. As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client and will begin taking on a larger role within the team.
- Assist investment consultants in delivering a range of services to our clients
- Undertake research or analysis to inform our advice to our clients
- Prepare high quality reports, outlining our analysis and advice
- Manage projects to ensure all parties understand the project timeline and that all actions are completed by the agreed deadline
- Build and maintain a reputation for understanding client needs and high quality deliverables
- Develop client relationships and knowledge of the services provided to them
- Provide "best in class" service to clients and adhere to "Professional Excellence" principles and procedures
- Build strong relationships internally within the DC Investment team, across cross-functional teams within Willis Towers Watson, and externally with a number of contacts at key clients.
- Demonstrate ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Build a detailed knowledge of Investment and DC pensions matters to understand the challenges our clients face
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to allow progression to a consultant role
This is an Junior role suitable for candidates looking to start or develop their career within DC Investment Consulting. As a minimum, candidates should have:
An understanding of DC pension schemes and possibly some knowledge of DC scheme investment
Previous analytical experience within a financial services environment
Proven project management skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
The ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Minimum 2:1 degree is required along with progress towards or commitment to pursue relevant professional qualifications, such as CFA, FIA or equivalent
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.