Portfolio Analyst - Global Real Estate - London
- Responsible for the financial analysis of individual purchases, sales and strategic portfolio initiatives over a range of Aviva Investor's UK & European portfolios.
- Undertake scenario analysis and stress testing to ensure that portfolio and individual asset risks are fully understood by the investment teams.
- Underwrite scenarios that arise through buy/hold/sell strategies following discussions with Asset Management and Fund Management teams.
- Participate in on-site visits to develop a better understanding of current assets owned and also on potential acquisitions.
- Proactively engage with the wider Aviva Investors' business to drive improvements to processes and systems
Investment Strategy and Risk Analysis
- Undertake a comprehensive review of the designated portfolios in order to understand historic and forecasted risk and return drivers.
- Assist the Global Head of Investment Strategy & Portfolio Management in formulating strategic portfolio initiatives which will drive the investment performance.
- Create and maintain financial models which will be used to support new product development, business strategies and investment decisions.
- Drive the external perception of Aviva Investors' Real Estate fund management capability
- Economics, Engineering, Real Estate or Finance related degree
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of real estate as an asset class
- Knowledge of UK and European real estate markets
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, backed up with strong numerical accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills. VBA would be desirable
- Advanced financial modelling
- Attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to improve
- IMC (CFA or pre-MBA preferred)
- Track record in analysis of real estate investments
- A keen interest in investment markets, enthusiasm for research and analysis.
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.