Assistant Fund Manager (Multi-Asset)
Assistant Fund Manager - Global Multi-Asset - London
The Aviva Investors multi-asset team manages over £104 billion* of assets for a global network of clients. The team is made up of over 30 investment strategists, portfolio construction and risk experts, portfolio managers and portfolio implementation managers and draws on the expertise of over 300 investments professional across all major geographies. Our strategies range from outcome oriented solutions such as the flagship Aviva Investors Multi-Strategy (AIMS) funds, risk managed solutions which include the multi-asset risk controlled range of funds, segregated and pooled multi-asset vehicles, and multi-manager funds.
*As at 30 June 2017.
- Manage and maintain portfolios to reflect the investment strategy agreed with the portfolio managers.
- Ensure implemented portfolios respect the investment guidelines agreed with the client and managed in compliance with the regulatory restrictions applicable to the portfolio.
- Manage implementation aspects of the investment activity resulting from asset allocation, ensuring at all times that the activity is executed and managed efficiently across the full range of multi-asset portfolios.
- Monitor and manage the impact of cash flow and other activity which contribute to portfolio drift.
- Monitor market conditions to develop relevant investment opinions and views on financial markets and optimal portfolio implementation.
- Work closely with the dealing, transition, support and the specialist investment teams to manage day-to-day issues, on-board new products, improve investment process and reduce operational risk.
- Support portfolio managers with the sales and marketing activity with existing and potential clients.
- Experience in multi-asset portfolio management with particular focus on the portfolio construction and implementation aspects of globally unconstrained multi-asset or multi-strategy investing.
- Strong technical understanding of how financial markets operate along with awareness of the relevant regulatory compliance requirements.
- Experience in the use and life cycle management of equity, fixed income, alternative and money market instruments and derivatives products.
- Good understanding of regulated pooled and unregulated segregated account fund structures, multi-asset benchmark construction and performance attribution.
- Strong process-oriented background including introduction of controls and procedures. Able to demonstrate keen awareness of investment and operational risk issues.
- Ability to demonstrate planning and organisational skills and proven ability to work efficiently under pressure in challenging situations.
- High quality degree in Finance or similar field and/or able to demonstrate a suitable depth of intellectual rigour and maturity. CFA or other finance focused qualifications is ideal but not essential.
- Great team player and collaborator, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great quantitative, analytical and modelling skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the Aladdin tool set is a plus.
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion:
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to defy uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. See Aviva's Diversity policy.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.