Product Researcher, Investment Management
6 days left
Seeking qualified applicant to conduct quantitative research in analyzing existing products and developing new investment strategies, and communicate research and provide insights for the benefits of investors.
The Product Research team collaborates with other key departments of Research Affiliates to bring transformative insights and products to the investment community. We design, implement, and validate systematic and research-driven investment strategies that most effectively exploit market anomalies our research identifies. We study investment management and implementation related subjects that are most interesting to investors. We create portfolio analytics that are educational and customized for clients’ needs. The team works on multiple asset classes with a heavier focus on equities.
A successful candidate possesses self-awareness, curiosity, and sense of humor. They genuinely enjoy working on a team, are comfortable speaking their mind candidly, and handle direct feedback. The candidate will enjoy surveying financial literature, learning and discussing the theories, and producing high quality robust research. They should also be keen on looking out for avoiding common biases in empirical analyses, errors in data, as well as practical limitations. The candidate must be able to effectively discuss their findings with colleagues with various backgrounds. They seek to challenge the status quo and do not always look for direct instructions. The candidate should be inquisitive and persistent in finding unconventional wisdom from large sets of convoluted observations. As much as they like exploring, they also habitually tests their own findings. The candidate should push for creating efficient and robust processes and does not corner oneself into repetitive tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translate the financial theories to practical implementable investment products.
- Create insightful analytics to help clients and investors to learn about our products.
- Conduct independent long-term research projects related to investment management and implementation from start to finish: collect and analyze large sets of financial data, synthesize, summarize and communicate results, present to and debate with other researchers, publish in practitioner journals, and explain learnings to the client facing team.
Education and Experience
- PhD level training in financial theories, econometrics, empirical methods, and quantitative asset management.
- Alternatively, Master of Financial Engineering with strong working experience.
- CFA charterholder preferred.
More jobs like this
- Masters Full Time CFA Charterholder Finance - General jobs in Equities Research: Buy Side
- Masters Full Time CFA Charterholder Finance - General jobs in Equities Research: Sell Side
- Masters Full Time CFA Charterholder Finance - General jobs in ESG/Socially Responsible Research
- Masters Full Time CFA Charterholder Finance - General jobs in Fixed Income Research: Buy Side
- Masters Full Time CFA Charterholder Finance - General jobs in Fixed Income Research: Sell Side