Associate Analyst - Equities Research
The successful candidate should have modelling experience and working knowledge of accounting and finance coupled with a keen interest and passion for investing. Working alongside experienced investors on our global platform will help you learn the necessary skills to develop into a successful investor.
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 5 years) to assess potential company earnings and cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, price-to-earnings ratio and price-to-cash flow ratios.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' interim results and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
- Attends company investor days, investment conferences, and field trips, and reports key findings.
- Handles various projects such as supply chain analysis, proprietary surveys, managing stock valuation lists for possible buys/sells, and quantitative screening of companies which in turn provides information to Analysts that help make them more effective buy/sell decisions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic excellence
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis experience including accounting & financial modelling skills
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience (buy-side, sell-side, M&A banking, private equity)
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially public equities
- Candidate should be highly motivated, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal and/or professional investment experience
- Competitive nature
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)
- CFA designation or in progress