Senior Manager - Investment Development
Senior Manager - Investment Development
- We are FLEXIBLE - part time is an option
- We are an innovative team working on multiple investment projects
- We're a bunch of passionate people who have the sharpest skills and experience
- We get exposure. Given the size, scale and nature of the business, we are exposed to interesting and challenging work
Investment Development is responsible for reviewing internal (mainly large capex projects) and external investments (mainly M&A), structured finance transactions and capital injections.
- Designing and maintaining a consistent Business Case construction and review process across the Group
- Ensuring a robust due diligence and valuation process is undertaken on M&A transactions
- Ensuring a robust analysis and transaction sign-off framework for specialized transactions that the Bank undertakes
- Developing financial modelling and valuation best practices
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Investment Development, this role must maintain and build productive relationships with the following individuals:
- CFO, Deputy CFO and Investment Development leaders, Executive Project Sponsors and Steering Groups, Project and Program Delivery Leads, BU Finance teams (Decision Support), Group-wide Project Assurance and Advisory, Due Diligence Committee and Steering Groups, Work Stream Leaders, Group Strategy team, Counterparty executives and staff, Structured Asset Finance team, Financial Services Stakeholders, Executive Project Sponsors
Key Responsibilities -
- Independent review of investment proposals for internal transactions, including review of financial models, cash flows and calculation of NPV and IRR using corporate finance knowledge and taking into consideration strategic rationale, financial impact, risk, and overall investment portfolio fit.
- Manage the annual Group investment prioritisation process including solicitation of investment proposals totaling >$2bn from business units, collation of historical investment analysis, preparation of investment prioritisation materials and a proposed list of endorsed proposals for the ExCo investment prioritisation discussion.
- Manage >10 Business Case review processes per annum for projects costing >$10m and facilitate project funding
Planning and Managing Due Diligence
- Arranging and running Due Diligence Committee (8-10 GM & EGM staff from CBA BUs).
- Management of Due Diligence process and planning with BU (Group Exec & EGM) and with Group Strategy team
- Planning due diligence for acquisitions or sales of companies in Australia and overseas (or other major assets):
- ensuring each aspect of target business is appropriately reviewed;
- selecting team to perform due diligence; and
- Identifying key potential risks and ensuring they are given particular focus.
- Negotiating Due Diligence process with vendors & Investment Bank advisers including scopes of work undertaken by accounting and legal advisers.
- Project management of the 40 - 70 due diligence staff across 5 - 10 work streams (including accounting and legal advisers).
- Setting due diligence scopes and issues for checking across the 5 - 10 work streams.
- Distilling work stream reports into concise presentation of findings and risks for ExCo/Steering Committee.
Structured Transactions, Capital Injections and Other Transactions
- Running business case evaluations and sign off process for structured transactions, capital injections and other ad hoc projects. Briefing DCFO on transactions.
- Chartered Accountant/CPA/CFA or Investment Banking or Corporate Finance experience in either a professional services or commercial environment
- Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Law or Engineering Degree (others will be considered)
- Commercial acumen
- Experience with mergers & acquisitions
- Experience in a professional services environment
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.