RVK is a national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in New York, NY and Chicago, IL. We provide unbiased general investing consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients. Our clients include corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, and high-net-worth individuals and families. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of consulting professionals. RVK's commitment to independence and no conflicts of interest is second to none.
The Defined Contribution Specialist – Investment Associate position is a dedicated resource and support for the Defined Contribution Solutions Group (“DCSG”) and RVK’s client consulting teams with respect to all Defined Contribution (“DC”) related topics. This position will report functionally to RVK’s DC practice leader. The location of the position is in RVK’s New York office.
- Research various areas of DC as directed, and collaborate with RVK manager research on investment related DC product research and product evaluations for clients, such as target date funds, managed accounts, stable value, and retirement income products
- Assist with third party administrator research, as requested
- Participate in developing RVK firm wide views on DC related topics as directed by the DC practice leader:
- Develop and maintain a slate of deliverable templates as directed by the DC practice lead for all RVK client consulting teams
- Develop DC related memos for specific clients as well as the overall firm
- Remain current on compliance and regulatory issues and provide support to RVK client consulting teams
- Execute and project manage, with internal resources and service teams, deliverables as directed with required levels of quality and accuracy
- Review assigned DC clients’ quarterly performance deliverables
- Support Business Development on DC related RFP vetting, responses and new business presentations
- Assist with enhancements and maintenance of RVK’s DC plan fee database and various deliverable templates as directed
- Participate in client facing conference calls, client meetings and new business opportunity meetings when requested
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience in investment consulting, management consulting, internal corporate consulting, asset management, banking, private equity or working with a plan sponsor directing, implementing and coordinating investment strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
Viable candidates will exhibit characteristics such as:
- Practical working knowledge of TPAs, DC investment concepts, asset classes and products
- Proven project management and organizational skills – ability to handle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure
- Proven self-starter – ability to work and think independently
- Genuine desire to work hard and progress in the investment consulting profession
- Excellent ability to collaborate with internal RVK staff and work in a collegial team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with careful attention to detail
- Adaptable to change while striving to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Flexible and open to new ideas within an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to build quantitative models and interpret results
- Knowledge of software and business applications – proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point)
- Ability to work Monday – Friday with client deadlines that may require up to 50-60 hours/week (including when necessary some evening and weekend time), and travel may be required
- Prior experience working for a third party administrator, DC focused investment manager, and/or investment consulting firm, is a plus
Interested candidates must submit their information through the company web site at www.rvkinc.com. Click on Contacts and then Career Opportunities.
Submit a cover letter detailing how your work and/or academic experience meet the job requirements. Only those candidates whose qualifications meet the job requirements will be contacted.
No phone calls or faxes. No staffing agencies please.
RVK offers compensation commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, pre-tax flexible spending, dependent care and transportation benefits, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement (once eligible and with manager approval), and a generous Paid-Time-Off Program (PTO). Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.