Our client is a premier asset management firm with significant family and employee ownership and approximately $97 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2016. Over its long history, the firm has helped its clients preserve purchasing power and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. With a total of 212 employees, the firm has a history of providing prudent stewardship of its clients’ assets, which is its core purpose today. It strives to always preserve the high standards that it has maintained over its long history: a record of unquestioned integrity, a work environment that fosters excellence and dedication, and the earned respect of its clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for an investment professional to join our client's highly regarded Global Value Management team as an Analyst. The team manages approximately $90 billion and is comprised of “long only” investors that manage mutual funds, separate accounts and off-shore funds. The Global Value strategy seeks to deliver attractive real returns while preserving investors’ capital over time by using a value approach to investing in global markets. The investment team follows a bottom-up, fundamental approach focusing on companies with quality businesses that the team believes have above-average sustainable profitability while trading at a significant discount to their intrinsic values.
The successful candidate will:
- Source, develop and present investment recommendations supported by a comprehensive and thoughtful research process;
- Perform financial analysis and modeling;
- Analyze and understand business models through document driven analysis;
- Recast financial statements to focus on true economic earnings, margin of safety and intrinsic value;
- Monitor performance of certain current holdings in the Global Value funds in addition to assigned industries;
- Attend investment meetings with senior management; and
- Represent the firm at investment presentations, conferences and discussions.
- 2-10 years of relevant investment experience;
- A value investor’s mindset and willingness to invest in a manner consistent with the company's approach which includes a long-term investment horizon, an absolute return focus and aversion to permanent capital loss;
- Superb analytical ability;
- Solid accounting capabilities and passion for digging through the documents;
- Solid modeling skills and a firm grasp of a variety of valuation methods;
- High level of intellectual honesty, humility and critical thinking capabilities - need to enjoy taking a deep dive;
- Contrarian mindset, willing to go beyond what management tells them and dig deeper;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize tasks, manage time, set priorities and deadlines.
- A collegial and collaborative team player who is capable of partnering with a wide range of investors, including all of the Global Value team’s equity-oriented sector analysts and portfolio managers;
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrable capacity to articulate investment insights to colleagues and clients alike;
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical character;
- Long-term orientation and track record of perseverance;
- Culturally, humility and patience are highly valued;
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial and resourceful – someone who “makes it happen.”