3 days left
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The primary objective of the Portfolio Modeling Group is to leverage the Portfolio Managers’ and/or Traders time by handling the investment and organizational challenges that arise from managing many accounts within an investment strategy.
The Portfolio Modeler uses their knowledge of the investment strategy and unique client requirements to manage each account’s investment activities. The incumbent assists with order entry, handles investment customizations, interprets account guidelines, resolves compliance issues, manages system testing and oversee performance composites.
- Manage portfolios in a strategy replicating other actively managed accounts by making cash management and trading decisions. Investment decisions are made to increase the portfolio’s likelihood of tracking its benchmark.
- Support client funding and redemption activities, including new account take-on, by serving as subject matter expert on investment related issues and working with the portfolio manager, sales and client service, operations, and compliance teams to ensure that we understand and meet clients’ needs.
- Assume primary responsibility for knowledge of each account's unique requirements and the investment customizations used. This includes sign-off on investment guidelines during both new account negotiation and the amendment process.
- Support trading process from order entry, issue resolution to working as an intermediary between the portfolio manager, trader, compliance, trade support and other involved groups as necessary.
- Engage in project work to further the team’s research, development, and collaboration efforts. This responsibility can take many forms depending on the team’s needs and the individual’s interests and skills. Project work, system testing and order entry can be a substantial component of the role depending on the individual’s account coverage responsibilities and other organizational goals, such as preparing for new products.
- Advanced degree and/or CFA charter holder, candidate or interest in pursuing
- Knowledge of derivatives, fixed income, asset allocation and equity products
- Minimum of a college degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Commitment to continuing education.
- Ability to grow/evolve in the role over time as needed
- Commitment to supporting the trading team as needed
- Knowledge of investments, portfolios, and stock trading beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Savvy usage of technology and a data driven mindset.
- Ability to quickly process information, draw relevant conclusions, and clearly summarize results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Grace under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Desire to communicate and leverage teamwork in a trading floor environment.
- Ability to determine priorities, plan, organize and follow-through on assignments.
- History of applying thoughtful, sound judgment with high ethical standards.
- Open-minded, logical, determined, creative, and intellectually curious.
More jobs like this
- Bachelors Full Time Asset Management jobs in Portfolio Management: Alternatives
- Bachelors Full Time Asset Management jobs in Portfolio Management: Equities
- Bachelors Full Time Asset Management jobs in Portfolio Management: Fixed Income
- Bachelors Full Time Asset Management jobs in Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset
- Bachelors Full Time Asset Management jobs in Other