Senior Research Analyst
The purpose of this position is to contribute to Russell’s money manager evaluation and portfolio management processes. The role will be on the Emerging Markets equity manager research team within the Investment Division. This position is intended to work with guidance from the head of emerging markets research. The team's research and rankings provide investment recommendations to Russell's emerging markets and multi-manager funds as well as to consulting clients.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Responsible for analysis and rating of investment managers across investment style (value, growth, market oriented, etc.), subject to peer review, and will be accountable for the investment performance basis over a rolling 1 and 3-year period.
- Analysis of investment managers will incorporate output from analytical tools and information gained from conducting meetings with the investment staff.
- Actively engage with Russell’s Emerging Markets portfolio management team, communicating on conditions/risks/opportunities within the equity market as well as opinions on investment managers.
- Provide timely, detailed, high quality documentation of manager research analysis written in a manner that is useful for consulting clients and portfolio managers.
- Develop investment analysis relevant to members of the Emerging Markets equity team while providing useful feedback and participating in discussions regarding analysis produced by other members of the team. Examples of this analysis will include capital markets, investment factors, style analysis, etc.
- Contribute to the manager research initiatives both quantitatively and qualitatively helping to improve manager research within the team.
- Contribute to broader Investment Division initiatives that involve colleagues outside of the Emerging Markets equity research team.
- Contribute to Russell's client service, marketing, and/or public relations.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- CFA required.
- Extensive and robust experience within the money management or investment consulting industries.
- Ability to function in a collaborative team environment where workload and ideas are shared broadly.
- Ability to interview others and form critical judgments based on qualitative and quantitative factors.
- Knowledge of key equity portfolio characteristics.
- Knowledge of active equity investment strategies.
- Knowledge of the use of statistics from the perspective of an investment professional.
- Experience as a plan sponsor, stock analyst, or trader may be applicable.
- Understanding of finance and contemporary investment management concepts.
- Experience in a role that includes exposure to financial markets and investment instruments.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with investment analytics systems (FactSet and eVestment) is a plus