Fixed Income Perfomance Analyst
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Fixed Income Performance Analyst to join the Performance Analytics department to deliver accurate fixed income performance reporting and attribution in a timely manner to key stakeholders and support project work in the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting project and Business as Usual (BAU) work in the team
- Delivering accurate regular performance reporting and analysis on a timely basis
- Reconciliation of performance numbers between custodian, performance engine and attribution system
- Signing off individual funds and benchmarks on a monthly basis once data is clean
- Ensuring the internal performance reporting database is populated and maintained on a regular basis
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries from Fund Managers, Client Directors, Investment Specialists, Investment Risk, Sales & Marketing
- Working with Back Office and IT to ensure a high quality of data is feeding the performance and attribution systems
- Ensuring accurate delivery of fixed income performance attribution
- Assisting with project work to enhance accuracy and efficiency within the team
What we are looking for
Ideally, you will have a performance analyst background and be able to demonstrate Fixed Income Performance Measurement experience, preferably from an investment management environment. You must demonstrate very high attention to detail and problem-solving ability in a deadline-driven environment. You must have good Microsoft application skills for this role, in particular Excel and good systems knowledge. Having VBA coding skills will be an advantage as well as Systems and process testing experience.
You must be a quick learner with a good understanding of business processes. For this role it is essential for you to be able to multi-task and prioritise in a pressured environment together with the ability to work well under pressure with colleagues from various areas. You must be a good team player but also able to work independently with own initiative and solutions driven.
Please note that you should ideally be educated to a degree standard as a minimum and it would be ideal to hold the following qualifications: IMC, CIPM or CFA.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.