ESG Associate Analyst
American Century Investments understand that integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes is integral to our investment stewardship initiative and to proving better investment solutions to our clients. The ESG Associate Analyst will support efforts to increase American Century Investment’s commitment to investment stewardship by enhancing the integration of ESG factors across all of our investment capabilities. This includes assisting in the development of quantitative ESG frameworks of analysis by industry as well as strategy-level data tools to support client requests, year-end reporting and new product requirements.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President, Investment Stewardship, and partner with investment teams to increase ESG awareness into existing investment processes.
- Strong quantitative/data analysis skills.
- Proficiency in excel financial modeling is a must.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to determine priorities, plan, organize and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form with strong conviction in his/her investment recommendations.
- Ability to work well under pressure, including identifying and quickly resolving problems.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the investment or money management industries.
- Degree in finance, computer science/engineering or environmental economics preferred.
- Solid knowledge of ESG risks and macro issues/trends in investment management.
- Willing to embrace and implement American Century’s disciplined investment processes.
- Team based collegial orientation with strong work ethic and ability to inspire innovation
- Open-minded, logical, determined, and highly ethical, possess intellectual curiosity, and strong fundamental skills
Location: New York, New York