Investment Analyst, Fiduciary Oversight
The Investment Analyst has responsibility for the fiduciary oversight for an assigned group of subadvisors and products which may include multiple asset classes. The Investment Analyst develops and maintains expertise in assigned investment disciplines as part of their ongoing fiduciary oversight efforts. In addition, the Investment Analyst works closely with Sales, National Accounts and Marketing teams in support of the Firm's distribution efforts. The Investment Analyst is also an active participant in product development efforts across the AMGF platform.
• Performs oversight and due diligence on assigned subadvisors and related investment products
• Participates in the sales support efforts including:
• Product training and timely updates on investment performance and characteristics
• Product support to advisors and home office research team members
• Responsible for new hire training on assigned products
• Is a member of AMGF's Investment Committee and provides appropriate Fund updates at weekly Investment sub-Committee meetings
• Works in coordination with Marketing to draft investment commentaries, white papers and other advocacy pieces
• Assists with new product development initiatives which include actively identifying product gaps and/or enhancement opportunities
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of key competitors and similarly positioned investment managers
• Works in close coordination with Legal & Compliance and Mutual Fund Administration teams on all day-to-day activity related to assigned subadvisors and related investment products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Maintains strong knowledge of the financial markets and core investment concepts.
• Detail oriented, meets deadlines and executes responsibilities.
• Client service oriented excels in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrates research and independent problem solving abilities.
• Prioritizes plans and takes initiative. Highly motivated.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and investment systems including FactSet, Morningstar and Bloomberg is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree.
• CFA or advanced degree preferred. Seven to ten years of investment-related research experience or equivalent.
• Ability to work extended hours as needed.
• Ability to travel periodically.
• Extensive work with computers.